Summary of Hajj
by Sh. Kifah Mustapha
- Ihram. It is the status when someone makes the intention to enter the (Nusuk) rituals of Hajj. It is performed at the assigned (Meeqat) places chosen by the Prophet (SAAW). Men during Ihram wear only two pieces of white garments.
- Talbia. It is the repeated statement of submission to God during the status of Ihram. Pilgrims keep repeating it until they throw pebbles on the morning of Eid.
- Tawaf. It is walking around the Ka’bah seven rounds.
- Salat two Rak’at. It is the two Rak’at prayed behind the (Maqam) of Ibrahim (SAAW).
- Drinking Zamzam. It is the blessed water that came out in Makkah after the arrival of the family of Ibrahim (SAAW), Hajar (RAA), and Ismail (SAAW).
- Sa’ie. It is the walking seven rounds between the two hills of Safa and Marwa.
- Cutting hair. It is the final act of Umrah.
- Ihram. (8th of Zul-Hijjah). It is the status when you wear your Ihram garment again after you are done with Umrah.
- Proceeding to sleep in Mina. (8th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to sleep in Mina for one night.
- Proceeding to Arafah. (9th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to be in the area of Arafah between noon and a little after Maghrib. This is the main Day of Hajj. Dua and supplications are to be made as much as you can.
- Proceeding to Muzdalifah. (9th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to arrive and pray Maghrib and Isha shortening and combining them, pick up pebbles and sleep till morning of next day.
- Proceeding back to Mina. (10th of Zul-Hijjah). You are to throw seven pebbles at Al-Jamra Al-Kubrah, slaughter sheep, shave hair, perform back in Makkah Tawaf with Sa’ie and return back to Mina.
- Sleep in Mina the two or three nights of Tashreeq. (11th, 12th, 13th of Zul-Hijjah).
- Throwing 21 pebbles the two or three days of Tashreeq. (11th, 12th, 13th of Zul-Hijjah).
- Tawaf Al-Wadaa’. It is the last Tawaf you perform before you leave Makkah.